Taber Christian High school Mission and Vision
Taber Christian High school - Foundation Statements
- We believe that God is the Creator and Lord of all creation and at the centre of all we do. With the support and encouragement of the home and church, we are dedicated to educating our students by meeting the Alberta Curriculum requirements, taught from a Christian perspective in all subjects and aspects of the life of the school.
- Each child is created in God’s image and each child has their own unique gifts and talents. Our main focus and goal is to have our students reach their God given potential academically, spiritually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- We teach our students to be active, serving members in the community as ambassadors of Christ. We base our mission and vision on these three principles:
- Honoring Christ
Christ is the one who stands at the centre of life directing all our activities, including education.
“If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation”II Corinthians 5:17
- Responding to God’s Will
Our response to life in Christ demands an education that recognizes the Lordship of Christ in all of life. God has given parents the task of educating their children. His word instructs us to educate them in the fear of the Lord.
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6
- Transforming our World
God has chosen for us to live at this time and in this place. He expects us to claim all life for Him- to transform the culture we are a part of.
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Romans 12:2
The TCHS Sr. High Alternative Program strives to be an educational community that fully integrates faith and learning. Our mission shapes and influences all curricular goals and day to day practices.
We live in a broken world and brokenness defines our relationships and all of our efforts. To live in joyful service to God is a heartfelt response to the grace God shows to each of us through the death and resurrection of His son Jesus Christ. The salvation story is what directs our lives and the lives of our children. The goal of Christian education is to keep the story alive and well in His world. To that end we strive to understand, appreciate and become stewards of the creation that God has placed us in. This entails both the physical and cultural world that we see around us.
Our goals are direct responses to our mission statement:
- To provide a Christian educational environment in the community of Taber
- To use biblical teaching
- To prepare all students to reach their potential
To prepare all students so that they can serve God with a Christ – like attitude.